Please note that our website and other digital platforms may contain links to third party websites/digital platforms which are provided for your convenience. We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of our own digital platforms. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website/digital platform that you visit.
You also have the right to complain to the Supervisory Authority (The Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk) about our data processing activities.
What information do we collect?
As a normal user of the site, we will collect the following information for technical purposes to display our website to you and guarantee its stability and security.
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- The page requested
- HTTP status code
- Website the request has come from
- Operating system
When you opt to submit personal information, you may be asked to provide your name and e-mail address.
How we use the information you provide
We may also create an individual profile for you so that we can inform you of services, products, events or special information that may be of interest to you. We may use your personal data to analyse customer/user behaviour and characteristics in order to measure interest in, and use of, the various areas of the site with a view to improving and/or altering the site. We may provide only aggregated (and therefore anonymous) data to third parties for this purpose (if applicable). In order to assist us in processing your personal data, we may engage with third party companies who provide us with services that can assist us in doing so. Where your data is processed in this manner, you will see additional data protection notices accordingly.
Who we share your information with
For the purpose of providing our services to you we may share your personally identifiable information with:
- Organisations which provide a service to us or act on our behalf, on the understanding that they will keep the information confidential, for example, our IT providers, accountants and other technical experts. If they are located in another country (which may be outside the European Economic Area) we will make sure that they agree to apply the same levels of protection that we are required to apply to information held in the UK and to use your information only for the purpose of providing the service to us.
- Any third party to whom we have a duty to do so in order to satisfy any legal or regulatory requirements, such as the Solicitors’ Regulatory Authority, the Legal Ombudsman, HMRC and HM Courts and Tribunal Service as examples.
When you provide personally identifiable information to us, we use it solely for the purposes for which it was provided, in accordance with this notice. Our policy is not to share personally identifiable information with third parties, unless required by law, as required to perform our obligations to you or as necessary as described.
The personal information you provide to us will be retained only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information was collected or as required by law.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations, you have a number of ‘rights’, to ensure that your personal information is being managed appropriately. For example, you have the right to prevent marketing information being sent direct to you. If you prefer not to receive marketing information from us (or any other organisation to which we may disclose your personal data), you can opt out of further marketing by writing to us by mail or e-mail (see below contact details).
Specifically, you have the right:
- To be informed (how we use your information)
- Of access (to your information).
- To rectification (of any errors on information we hold on you)
- To erasure (of information we hold)
- To restrict processing (of the information we hold to a specific purpose)
- To object (to the ongoing processing of information)
- To be aware of any processing where automated decision-making and profiling (using your information) takes place.
As stated above, you have the right to object to your data being used for Direct Marketing purposes, and you can be removed from our marketing database at any time by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of our e-bulletins. Please note, however, that if you do opt out we (and/or they) will be unable to keep you informed of new services, products, events or special information that may interest you.
How long we hold this information
Once you have provided this information to us, we will look to make contact with you and your information will be retained indefinitely, until such time that you wish to ‘unsubscribe’ or request for your information to be erased.
Whilst we will ensure that security measures are put in place to protect the personal data you provide, you should remember that concerns still exist in relation to the general security of the internet and by using this site you accept that we will not be held responsible in the event of a breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful neglect.
Our emails may contain web beacons (single, invisible 1x1 pixel images that are downloaded when emails are opened). The web beacon itself does not contain any personal data but allows us to monitor whether emails have been correctly received, opened and clicked on and to improve the overall email experience we provide.
To opt out of marketing communications, please visit our opt out page [Mailchimp list opt out link]
We use the following cookies:
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
_ga, _gid, _gat_gtag_UA_*
Where to make a complaint
Information Commissioner's Office
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office using their online form: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/